12.02.2006

The U to Z of Me

U - Unknown Fact About Me? When I was in college I minored in philosophy.

V - Vegetable you don't like? Brussel sprouts. They just aren't good.

W - Worst Habit? Staying up too late.

X - X-rays You've Had? Teeth and feet.

Y - Your Favorite Food? Pumpkin Pie.

Z - Zodiac Sign? Cancer. I wish it was something different because I just don't like that word. On the bright side my birthday is in July and I never get a Christmas-birthday combo gifts like Renee does.


exerciseI spent an enjoyable 31 minutes on the treadmill tonight. I spent the time thinking up things people could do for comments. They could pledge to do one sit-up for every comment, or perhaps one repetition with some weights. Maybe they could change it up a little and improve their health by drinking one ounce of water for every comment received or eat a baby carrot for each comment. The possibilities are endless.

Where is your comment more than a comment? Where can your comments help and encourage a healthy lifestyle? The answer is right here at the following blogs:

Sunflower
Blogger Pledge
I will exercise for comments.
Time Period: December 1- December 31
Type of exercise: Walking/Running on treadmill/Biking
Pledge: 1 minute per comment

Veronika
Blogger Pledge
I will exercise for comments.
Time Period: November 27 - December 31
Type of exercise: Walking/Jumping Rope
Pledge: 1 minute per comment, not to exceed 60 minutes per day.

DeeJay
"Blogger Pledge: I will exercise for comments. Time Period: November 27 - December 31. Type of exercise: Walking/Jumping Rope Pledge: 1 minute per comment, not to exceed 60 minutes per day."

LadyBugCrossing.
The more comments you all leave, the longer Zebbie and I have to schlep around the neighborhood.

NEW! Gem
I'll do two sit ups for every comment left for me between now and January 1 (or one for each comment on all four blogs--whichever is higher).

Please join us! Thank you for your support, and keep those comments coming!

COMMENT BONUS!!! For every minute I walk on the treadmill Lynda will spend a minute eating chocolate. Thank you so much for your sacrifice Lynda.
12/3 4:56 PM - 35 minutes on the treadmill for me, 35 minutes of eating chocolate for Lynda.
Home Email me

Labels: , , ,

28 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think this is a fabulous idea. I've been on a fitness jag in the last 18 months, but the thing I'm really weak on is sit-ups. I doubt that I can do ten. But I'll give it a try and I'll give you a nod for a fabulous idea. By the way, I linked you to my blog a few weeks ago.

12/2/06, 7:55 PM  
Edit Comment
Blogger David said...

i really enjoy visiting here now.... knowing that I am helping you.... hehe

12/2/06, 9:44 PM  
Edit Comment
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw this on Sunflower's blog and think it's a great idea!!! Good luck to all. (I'm still thinking about it, but I'll probably end up doing it, too.)

Thanks for dropping by my blog and telling my how to fix my sidebar. It worked! Yay!

12/2/06, 10:10 PM  
Edit Comment
Anonymous JavaJabber said...

Keep ...

12/2/06, 10:17 PM  
Edit Comment
Anonymous JavaJabber said...

using ...

12/2/06, 10:17 PM  
Edit Comment
Anonymous JavaJabber said...

your ...

12/2/06, 10:18 PM  
Edit Comment
Anonymous JavaJabber said...

treadmill !

Sorry I cheated ... but with all the sacrifice from Lynda, I couldn't help myself!

12/2/06, 10:18 PM  
Edit Comment
Blogger samuru999 said...

Hi Barbara
I too stay up much too late!
And brussel sprouts...I do not like them one bit!

Hope you had a wonderful day!

Margie

12/2/06, 10:47 PM  
Edit Comment
Blogger Veronika said...

Go, Barbara, Go!
I'm going to have to go and thank Lynda for making such a sacrifice! I mean, that must be soo hard for someone to do.
Did you like philosophy?
:)



I did like philosophy. I think that's what I want to be when I grow up, a philosopher, a treadmill philosopher.

12/2/06, 11:48 PM  
Edit Comment
Blogger Veronika said...

Are the Girl scout cookies all gone? I should have gotten here earlier.



You just missed them Veronika.

12/2/06, 11:49 PM  
Edit Comment
Blogger Renee said...

I stay up way to late, but I like brussle sprouts. I don't eat them often because the smell drives the others nuts...but I don't mind. The smell that gets me is asparagus, but I love it too.

Ooooh my unknown fact is pretty bad.

12/3/06, 1:22 AM  
Edit Comment
Blogger Renee said...

thanks for linking me up

12/3/06, 1:23 AM  
Edit Comment
Anonymous Sunflower said...

here is one minute for you from Edmenton!

12/3/06, 1:30 AM  
Edit Comment
Blogger J. Andrew Lockhart said...

U- My undergrad. minor was history!
V- I'm with you! Who likes them?
W- too many to tell
X- same as above!
Y- same as above!!
Z- Aries - born in March -- this explains a lot.

12/3/06, 1:55 AM  
Edit Comment
Blogger J. Andrew Lockhart said...

By the way, keep on working!

12/3/06, 1:55 AM  
Edit Comment
Blogger Lynda said...

My pleasure!

If it makes you feel any better, I do weights at least twice a week, and I aim for three times.

And since it is Sunday, I will only leave you one comment. You need a break every now and then!

12/3/06, 2:10 AM  
Edit Comment
Blogger David said...

all your excercise has made me tired - im going to sleep !

12/3/06, 2:48 AM  
Edit Comment
Blogger mar said...

enjoy your sunday, Barbara! and that exercising :)

12/3/06, 5:32 AM  
Edit Comment
Anonymous Anonymous said...

misery...

12/3/06, 8:20 AM  
Edit Comment
Anonymous Anonymous said...

loves...

12/3/06, 8:20 AM  
Edit Comment
Anonymous Anonymous said...

company, Barb! ;)

12/3/06, 8:20 AM  
Edit Comment
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Wow..this thing is gaining momentum!

Not enough for me to join in, but still...

12/3/06, 9:42 AM  
Edit Comment
Anonymous Karin said...

Brussel sprouts are not too bad if cooked well, but peas? Yuck. Peas are just wrong. Especially canned peas.

12/3/06, 12:59 PM  
Edit Comment
Anonymous eph2810 said...

You don't like Brussel sprouts? They are my favorite veggie :)

12/3/06, 1:02 PM  
Edit Comment
Anonymous eph2810 said...

I stay up too late too...Bad habit during the week.

12/3/06, 1:02 PM  
Edit Comment
Blogger LadyBugCrossing said...

Here's another comment... I'm going to have to use your comment total - mine's pitiful. I'll gain weight using mine!!
Zeb and I will head out in the am.
LBC

12/3/06, 7:01 PM  
Edit Comment
Blogger Melli said...

LOL! Now you guys are REALLLLLY getting creative! Way to gooooooo!

12/3/06, 8:29 PM  
Edit Comment
Blogger Killired said...

hahaha... this looks like a lot of fun! i know you're going to say... join in! but... i dont get a lot of comments... just from you and a few others... :(
i thought i would get a lot of readers thru nablopomo and maybe i did and just dont know it... but it really doesnt matter anyway... i love my readers now, they're the best!!!!

12/5/06, 12:21 AM  
Edit Comment

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home