12.06.2006

The Green Extravaganza!!!

GREEN
1. Closest green thing to you: A Sprite can
2. Do you care about the environment? Of course I do. I don't plan to go off the grid or anything, but I do look for ways to consume less resources. I'm interested in buying a hybrid car the next time I'm in the market. I took a native plant class this summer to learn more about how to restore the environment. I bought the light bulbs that are supposed to use less energy. I try to turn off all the lights that aren't getting used (my father would be so proud). I try to combine trips and errands to make better use of the fuel in my car. I'm even driving slower so I don't waste fuel. I'm trying to turn my yard into a wildlife habitat. So, yes, I do care about the environment.
My review of "An Inconvenient Truth"
3. Are you jealous of anyone right now? I can think of no one that I would trade lives with.
4. Are you a lucky person? Yes, I am happy with what I have.
5. Do you always want what you can't have? Never, that seems like a total waste of time. I'll move on and start working for something I can have.
6. Do you like being outdoors? Yes, if the conditions are right. I live in a climate that produces less than stellar weather, so I'm indoors a lot. In the summertime I was outdoors quite a bit, I even went missing from my blog a few times. If I lived in Hawaii my answer to this question would be yes. Living in Western NY, not so much.
7. Are you Irish? Partly. My great-great-grandma was Ellen Flanagan. The only way she could be more Irish is if she was Ellen O'Flanagan.

Stay tuned for tomorrow, where I'll explore the color blue.
exercise Thank you so much for your support! I think I'm starting to like exercising. I'm so grateful for my exercise buddies. Why don't you do the circuit and visit them all? They are a great bunch of bloggers!

Sunflower * Veronika * DeeJay * LadyBugCrossing * Gem

Look Who's Blog of the Day

PLEASE HELP LYNDA OUT!! For every comment I get Lynda will eat ,01 ounces of chocolate. Lynda is going to waste away if I don't get more comments! Please don't let that happen! Lynda, are you okay? Lynda...
12/7 8:05 PM - Off to do 20 minutes on the treadmill. Thanks everyone! Stay tuned for Blue later tonight. I can feel the excitement building up already.
Home Email me

Labels: , ,

17 Comments:

Blogger samuru999 said...

Hi Barbara
Sorry I did not get by yesterday with a minute for you!
was a very hectic day!
I love to be outdoors, even in bad weather!
I love all kinds of weather..
I guess that is why I love to write poems about nature!
Take care!

Margie

12/6/06, 10:05 PM  
Edit Comment
Anonymous Sunflower said...

To Barabra: one more minute for healthier you!

12/6/06, 10:37 PM  
Edit Comment
Blogger Renee said...

Thanks for the color coding and the flickr tip. I'll have to check them out.
It would be much nicer if blogger would just work like it's supposed to though. Oh well.

How's the exercising going?

I tried to do the eliptical trainer today and got a whopping 2.5 minutes...I'm so outta shape. Maybe I can get to 3 tomorrow and work my way back up to 30 again. That would be nice.

12/6/06, 10:42 PM  
Edit Comment
Anonymous Sunflower said...

To Samuru999: Sorry I couldn't leave comments on your blog due to Blogger problem. So I leave my comments for you here:-).
Thanks for yor support and I enjoy your poems.

This minute counts for Barara too:-)

12/6/06, 10:43 PM  
Edit Comment
Anonymous Sunflower said...

To Carol:
Sorry I couldn't leave comments on your blog for the same reason. So I leave my comments for you here:-).
Thanks for yor support and I like your blog!

This minute counts for Barara too:-)

12/6/06, 10:46 PM  
Edit Comment
Blogger Calem's Oma said...

Just stopping by for that minute on the treadmill. After this comment I am going to do some time on the elliptical.
I usually try to walk 3 miles a day with my grandson but I was not up to it today.

Josie (Lynda's Mom)

(Thanks Josie. Three miles is a lot to walk!)

12/6/06, 11:21 PM  
Edit Comment
Anonymous eph2810 said...

This is really a cool meme you are posting here. I care about the environment too...Too bad they have been planting trees/plants here in the desert that don't belong, thus the allergies have become really bad for my husband and myself.
Still cheering you on. Sorry I didn't stop by yesterday, but I'll try to make up for it tonight.

12/7/06, 1:37 AM  
Edit Comment
Blogger mar said...

Another minute for you! enjoyed reading about your green side... :)

12/7/06, 3:27 AM  
Edit Comment
Blogger Veronika said...

The colored font adds a special touch!
You seem very environment friendly; good for you!
Here's 2 minutes because I missed you yesterday-
:)

12/7/06, 7:35 AM  
Edit Comment
Blogger Uisce said...

I like the color thing. Are you going to cover the whole 64-crayon box? :)

Uisce - I'm only exercising till the end of the month. I would have to double up on posts!

12/7/06, 8:13 AM  
Edit Comment
Blogger Veronika said...

Here's another minute...I've got to make up for not being here to cheer you on yesterday!
:)

12/7/06, 8:35 AM  
Edit Comment
Blogger Lazy Daisy said...

Girlfriend, if you were any greener you would have to be a tree. My hero...Keep on walking.

12/7/06, 9:00 AM  
Edit Comment
Anonymous Froggie said...

This looks like an interesting meme... love how you have it broken down with the colours on different days. :)

12/7/06, 11:27 AM  
Edit Comment
Anonymous Anonymous said...

More chocolate! More exercise! But, MORE CHOCOLATE!!!

12/7/06, 12:18 PM  
Edit Comment
Blogger Melli said...

Here's today's minute! I buy those energy conserving lightbulbs too. The ones that are supposed to last an eternity! We actually put one in the outside porch light (just like on the commercial) and it lasted 5 years! I thought that was pretty darned good!

I think by January Lynda's gonna HAVE to exercise for comments!

12/7/06, 1:08 PM  
Edit Comment
Blogger Mr. Fabulous said...

Here is another minute. Feel the burn, feel the burn.

Don't worry about Lynda. She will outlive us all.

12/7/06, 5:17 PM  
Edit Comment
Blogger WendyWings said...

Love the colour thing, yes it really is me, I finally got back to blogging and reading and commenting etc.
I think most people have given up on me now though LOL
Trying to catch up should be MY blogs name ;)

Have a great day, I will be back a LOT more regularly now I hope :)

12/7/06, 5:44 PM  
Edit Comment

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home