1.13.2006

Unobtrusive request



I'm a finalist in the Best New Blog category at the Best of Blogs 2005 awards. Have you seen the other finalists in the Best New Blog category? You can take my word for it, they are great, really great. How can my blog possibly take home the prize? Here are the rules that I've cut and paste from the award site:

Each blog gets a maximum of 50 points.

20 points goes to the blog with the most popular vote, 18 for second most popular, 16 for third, etc.
Each blog can be awarded a maximum of 10 points for presentation. (This is not meant to give points for design, but merely how the blogs is set up and ease of use and readability.)
Each blog can be awarded a maximum of 10 points for readability (grammar, spelling, font/text size)
Each blog can be awarded a maximum of 10 points for content (interesting, thought-provoking, quality)

If there's a tie, the judges will be voting for their favorite of the two.


In my estimation I need to get the popular vote to even have a long shot chance of winning. I am requesting that you vote for my blog every single day. Then could you please ask your best friend to vote for my blog every single day? If you could also ask your hairdresser to vote for my blog every single day that would be so nice of you. How about your postal carrier, they could vote for me right? If you could print up little flyers requesting that people vote for my blog every single day and leave them on people's windshield, that would be super! If you have a couple more minutes you could email your entire contact list and request that they vote for me every single day. If you need the contact information for your congressman, let me know, they are always asking us for votes, right?. Perhaps, just perhaps, if you do all that, I might win the popular vote.

One more thing! While you're there, please vote for the other finalists from my blogroll:

Most Inspirational Blog:
< ~ A Woman of Many Parts ~ >
Agog and Aghast

Best Overall Blog:
Fighting Inertia
Michele

CLICK HERE TO VOTE

I'll leave a link to the voting page in my sidebar for your ease of use.
Thank you, you guys are the greatest!

Home

Labels:

15 Comments:

Blogger Mama B said...

I voted!!! :) Good Luck!

1/13/06, 11:01 AM  
Edit Comment
Blogger Carol said...

Hi Barbara,
Can you really vote every day?

I like this unobtrusive post.

1/13/06, 11:56 AM  
Edit Comment
Blogger Barbara said...

I voted!!! :) Good Luck!
confessionsofabusymom - Thank you

Carol - Last year that's how it worked, so I'm assuming it works the same way this year. Yeah, this post is so unobtrusive people probably don't even notice that I'm asking them to vote every single day.

1/13/06, 12:38 PM  
Edit Comment
Blogger Raehan said...

Thank you, Barbara. I voted for you. Now I'm just here to get your link.

I have very little chance of winning this thng.

1/13/06, 2:26 PM  
Edit Comment
Blogger Running2Ks said...

Of course I voted for you. And Raehan!

1/13/06, 2:51 PM  
Edit Comment
Blogger Barbara said...

Raehan - Thanks for your vote! You have a wonderful blog, so you'll probably do very well. I will vote for you every day. Remind your readers to vote often!

Running2ks - Thank you! I'm so appreciative of your support.

1/13/06, 2:57 PM  
Edit Comment
Blogger JeepGirl said...

Great site - Thanks for visiting mine.
I voted for you - good luck -

1/13/06, 3:08 PM  
Edit Comment
Blogger Lazy Daisy said...

Already voted, unfortunately Minerva and Raehan are both in the same category...what a dilema! When asked if he will put your name out to the public and vote daily for you my Congressman says he'll take in under advisement!

1/13/06, 3:29 PM  
Edit Comment
Blogger Trinity13 said...

I voted for ya sweetie!!!

1/13/06, 3:51 PM  
Edit Comment
Blogger Marie said...

Just voted for ya! Woo-hoo!

1/13/06, 5:07 PM  
Edit Comment
Blogger J. Andrew Lockhart said...

good luck!!!!
Andrew

1/13/06, 8:54 PM  
Edit Comment
Blogger Barbara said...

JeepGirl - Thanks for voting for my blog! I hope you drop by again!

Lazy Daisy - Yes, it is a dilemma having two great inspirational blog friends. Thanks for contacting your congressman, I'm thinking of starting my own lobby group, I've just got to think of a good name.

Trinity13 - Thank you, knowing that I have such wonderful friends actually voting for me makes me feel like I've already won.

Marie - Yeehaw - thanks!

J. Andrew Lockhart - Thanks, hope you voted for me!

1/13/06, 9:36 PM  
Edit Comment
Blogger Minerva said...

Voted for you sweetheart of course and best of luck!

Minerva

And no kidding, my validation was moocof - I mean, I have heard of bird flu but moo cough? *laughing*

1/14/06, 5:25 PM  
Edit Comment
Blogger Veronika said...

I voted for you!

1/14/06, 7:22 PM  
Edit Comment
Blogger Barbara said...

Minerva and Veronika - Thanks for voting for me! I do so appreciate it!

1/14/06, 8:39 PM  
Edit Comment

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home