10.14.2005

National Sarcastic Awareness Month

October is National Sarcastic Awareness Month. Since sarcasm is a fine art, and some find it difficult, here is a primer: How To Be Sarcastic - Sarcasm Society.

Awareness of sarcasm is even harder in written form because the reader can’t hear the snarky tone of voice. Josh Greenman thinks something ought to be done about that. A Giant Step Forward for Punctuation¡ - Introducing the long-awaited sarcasm point. By Josh Greenman

Dan seems to have mastered sarcasm at the Center for Advanced Sarcasm: FBI: We'll Arrest You, Then Hire You. Does the FBI really want to hire potheads? If they’re good enough to be president, I guess they’re good enough for the FBI.

Are you aware that JD is Dripping with sarcasm.... when he blogs about the quality of Microsoft products.

Be aware that Anita has a fine grasp of sarcasm, so don’t even bother writing the editor about her letter to the editor: Fighting Inertia: Now Here's the Type of Slam I Expect

And this, from the Queen of Sarcasm: Rita Rudner: "I love being married. It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life."

rant
Home

5 Comments:

Blogger JoeC said...

errr?....wow, this is interesting. a fine art slipping da hammer in a bouquet of flowers, how nice. Cheers!

10/15/05, 5:09 AM  
Edit Comment
Blogger Yaeli said...

I have spent years trying to raise awareness of the importance of sarcasm in todays society. Now with the Sarcasm Point my efforts will be further aided. :o)

Michele sent me today.

10/15/05, 8:55 PM  
Edit Comment
Anonymous Pearl said...

Fun links. Liked your reply at Michele's sentence completion that brought me here.

10/18/05, 9:53 PM  
Edit Comment
Blogger Suzanne said...

well, I've gone through the tutorial - I LOVE your choice of the word "snarky" - was refreshing! (and I'm not being sarcastic, either ;-) )

10/18/05, 9:59 PM  
Edit Comment
Blogger Barbara said...

Thanks Suzanne - Snarky is probably the most up to date word I know.

10/18/05, 11:36 PM  
Edit Comment

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home